Sign Up for Free Job Alerts
Position Vacant Details
|Oncology Technician||Northern Suburb Melbourne VIC|
About the Role:
We are seeking a full time Oncology Technician to join a friendly team at a private hospital in the northern suburbs in Melbourne. The oncology service in this hospital is well respected and services a variety of private and public cancer centres, with a commitment to quality patient care. As an oncology technician, you will be involved in the preparation of a variety of parenteral admixtures including TPN and cytotoxic medications.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Compounding/mixing chemotherapy/aseptic products (including TPN) in a laminar-flow cabinet/pharmaceutical isolator
- Preparing and dispensing prescriptions in accordance with PBS regulations
- Assisting the oncology pharmacists with the preparation, packing and labelling of final oncology products
- Assisting with stock/inventory management
- Adhering to aseptic manufacturing standards, including performing laminar-flow/isolator maintenance/cleaning
- General duties, including attending to client needs via telephone and email queries
About Our Ideal Candidate:
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You have strong attention to detail and precision in record keepling
- You have strong organisational and problem solving skills
- You have a can-do attitude and work well in a team
- You have previous chemotherapy compounding experience
About the Location:
This pharmacy is located in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, approximately 13km from CBD. It is easily accessible by train and road.
About the Offer:
Competitive salary on offer with multiple employee benefits for the right candidate. Full time Monday to Friday, 38 hours per week.
List A Job