Sign Up for Free Job Alerts
Exciting Management Opportunity for an Oncology Pharmacist!!
About the Role:
We are seeking a full-time Pharmacist in Charge to join a private hospital pharmacy in Melbourne. As PIC, you will lead a small team of experienced staff, with the support of an off-site Pharmacy Manager. As part of the Oncology team, you are required to prepare cytotoxic medications, clinical screening of oncology, hematology protocols and the provision of a clinical pharmacy service with drug information and education and managing clinical trials/compassionate access programs.
As Pharmacist in Charge, you will be responsible for the following:
- Developing and ensuring profitable site operations, in accordance with contractual and legislative requirements
- Lead, develop, motivate and mentor a team of oncology pharmacists and technicians to deliver consistently high-quality services
- Manufacturing of sterile and non-sterile pharmaceuticals according to stringent aseptic manufacturing standards set out by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guideline
- Develop and ensure adherence to robust policies and procedures that enhance the operational efficiency and quality output of the manufacturing site.
- Maintain and develop client relationships
- Dispensing and checking prescriptions in accordance with PBS regulations
About Our Ideal Candidate:
- You have strong business acumen and commercial focus
- You have excellent communication and client management skills
- You are able to lead, motivate and develop a team to achieve results
- You have hospital pharmacy with oncology and manufacturing skills are highly desirable
- You have current AHPRA registration and relevant indemnity insurance
About the Location:
This pharmacy is located in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, approximately 13km from CBD. It is easily accessible by train and road.
About the Offer:
Monday to Friday 9-5; Full-time hours 37.5 hours per week. Competitive salary on offer dependant upon experience.